Buying Property in Belize With Experienced and Knowledgeable Belize Real Estate Agents
Top 8 Reasons to Consider Moving or Retiring to Belize ..
1. Belize Real Estate Prices: There is no such thing as a price for a foreigner and a price for a Belizean. All prices quoted on a property listing is the price that will be applied to anyone.
2. Stable exchange rate: Local currency is the Belize Dollar or $BZD. One US dollar is equivalent to $2 BZD. Banks in Belize include, Atlantic Bank, Belize Bank, First Caribbean, Heritage Bank and Scotia Bank.
3. Belize’s Superior Location: Belize is an area of only 8,866 square miles. Belize is bordered by Mexico to the north and Guatemala to the west and south. Belize City is located less than 2 hours from the United States, namely, Miami.
4. Language: English is the official language of Belize and is widely spoken. Spanish, Creole, Maya and Garifuna are also spoken in different areas of Belize.
5. Belize Offers Attractive Taxation Incentives: There are no capital gains or inheritance taxes in Belize. There is also a very attractive Belize Retired Person’s Incentive Program which states that “all persons who have been designated a Qualified Retired Person shall be entitled, on first entering Belize, to import his or her personal effects and an approved means of transportation free of all import duties and taxes. A Qualified Retired Person shall be exempt from the payment of all taxes and duties on all income or receipts which accrue to him or her from a source outside of Belize whether that income is generated from work performed or from an investment.”
6. Belizean Laws Fair to Foreigners: Foreigners purchasing land or property in Belize are afforded the same rights as Belizeans regarding freehold property ownership. When purchasing property in Belize, you pay a one time stamp duty fee to the Government of Belize which is 5% of purchase price less the first US$10,000.
7. Stability in Belize: Belize is an independent country with a democratic parliamentary government elected by the citizens. A member of the British Commonwealth, Belize’s legal system is based on British common law.
8. Belizean Lifestyle: The population of Belize is approximately 312,698 which comprises of Creole (African-European), Garifuna, Mestizo (Spanish-Indian), Maya, British, North Americans, Mennonite, Lebanese, Chinese, East Indian, Latinos and Europeans. There is racial harmony allowing all of these different cultures to blend in successfully. Coconut groves. Sun-kissed coves. Shallow lagoons. Tropical moons. Who doesn’t want to live in Paradise?
The majority of listings on this website are located in the Cayo District but we would be more than happy to help you look for property on the coast.
Buying or Selling Real Estate Properties in Belize with John Acott of Re/max Property Center. Belize Real Estate
Let Us Help You Find Your Dream Real Estate Properties in Belize, River front properties, Large Acreage, Cayo Real Estate, Land for sale, Turn-key Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Houses for sale, Beachfront properties in Belize, Beachfront homes, Beachfront condos, Beachfront lots, Mountain view homes, Belize Real Estate, Buying Property in Belize, Selling your property in Belize with Remax, Beachfront homes for sale in Belize, Vacation houses for sale in Belize, Vacation homes in Belize,
Outstanding Agents. Outstanding Results.®
RE/MAX Caribbean and Central America is part of a global real estate franchise network that spreads across more than 80 countries on six continents. The revolutionary RE/MAX Concept of enabling real estate professionals to maximize their business potential has evolved into an organization of approximately 90,000 Sales Associates in more than 6,000 offices worldwide.
Over 350 Associates in more than 60 offices across the Caribbean and Central America are ready to help you meet your goals regarding Caribbean real estate and Central America real estate. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell real estate in the Caribbean or Central America, a RE/MAX agent will work hard for you.
“Each Ofﬁce Independently Owned and Operated.”
Belize Real Estate | Buying and Selling Real Estate Properties in Belize | John Acott – RE/MAX Belize Property Center